Friday, October 03, 2008

The weather report

I totally forgot to add this in to the previous post- hitting the publish button can do wonders for your memory!! ah well, instead of editing it, I'll add this post as well- I will not quickly forget, but I'm not sure whether I'll miss or not the weather and traffic reports on the radio- as far as I can tell, it's identical every day. In the evenings everyone is always 'heading home after a hard day's work' and traffic is moving slowly in the same places all the time- it would be a surprise if traffic was free flowing given the number of vehicles on the roads at the moment!

The other light amusement from the radio is the weather report; at the end of the rainy season (ie now), in the evenings the weather report for 'overnight and into the morning' usually mentions the possibility of scattered showers and a 60% chance of rain- even when it's actually raining at the time of the report. Although last night I did hear a slight change- there was a 90% chance of rain and it really did rain- the rainy season was back with a vengeance, despite the fact that we're currently trying to enter the thunder and lightening season (I'm not sure if there's a formal name for it), but it's apparentely one of the reasons for the name Sierra Leone (Lion Mountains) is beacuse the loud rumbles of thunder in the mountain sounded like lions roaring at each other.

Anywaym that's enough of a postscript for now, am sure will think of more to add soon!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:47 am, Blogger Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like this blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is not good.
A hug from Portugal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home